Friday, May 23, 2014

A Manifesto

via
I have been looking to make this blog a better place for me to write down my feelings. I want it to be a place I am very comfortable writing about anything and I know that if I don't personally like it, the writing won't flow. 

For example, when choosing which one of my many (many) journals to write in for the year, I can spend a good day narrowing down my options. If I'm not comfortable with it, I'll change the journal midway through the year. I hate doing that, though, because it seems like such a waste of paper. 

I've come to the conclusion that I need to work on myself. Not only in the physical way, but also in the emotional way. I'm no longer as confident in myself or the work that I do. I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for myself and this is never a positive indication to the suability of my health.

I want to become confident again. I want to be the happy, quirky girl who smiles all of the time and laughs uncontrollably because she has this way of finding the good in everything. I want to go back to being the positive person that I am.


This is why I have created a manifesto. A manifesto, according to Merriam-Webster is "a written statement that describes the policies, goals, and opinions of a person or group." But what's different about my manifesto and I believe this goes for the manifesto for more people is the fact that a manifesto is always changing and growing. A manifesto is a reflection of a person's values that relate to their life and even though these values do not change, our life changes everyday. Sometimes for the better and other times for the worse. We add to our manifestos in a way that mirrors that change that is happening to us personally.

And so, to help myself become a better version of myself, I have written a manifesto. I know for a fact that it will change. As I change, my manifesto will reflect the change but the core ideals will not change.

I've even given my manifesto its own tab so that I will always have a reminder of the values that I stand for. But here it is for the purpose of this post:
There is no such thing as too much happiness. Try and always remember the good things in life. Be the person that you want to be, not who society, friends, and family want you to be. Be open to new opportunities and ideas and people. You never know what will happen in the future so live in the present and enjoy it. Never give up on your friends, family, dreams, and most importantly, on yourself. Making someone else smile when they're having a bad day just might be what you need to make yourself happy. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Be kind. Be honest. Love unconditionally. Ask questions; be curious.

Be yourself.

What about you all? Do you all have a manifesto? I would personally recommend writing on down and keeping it in a place you will look at everyday. While you do not need to see the manifesto everyday, you will have it for the days where you feel upset or your confidence is lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.